A collection of my favorite reads, in the shape of books or longform articles.
- The Goal by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- An introduction to the theory of constraits, which tought me to remember the bigger picture. (Book)
- Getting things done by David Allen
- A bit dated, but the ideas are timeless. (Book)
- Subtract by Derek Sivers
- When encountered with a problem, take a step back and try to solve it by removing something instead of adding.
- Write plain text files by Derek Sivers
- The benefits of writing & keeping human-readable plain text files.
- In Praise of the Gods by Simon Sarris
- If all decisions would be made rationally, our world would be gray.
- Parse, don't validate by Alexis King
- How the right types & data structures keeps your code focussed.
- Functional Programming is not weird: you just need some new patterns by Cameron Price
- Why it's hard to judge a new programming paradigm objectively as we cling onto our roots.
- Small Functions considered Harmful by Cindy Sridharan
- A contrarian take that favors large classes and functions over small.
- Fast Software, the Best Software by Craig Mod
- How fast software gets out of our way.
- Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design by Dave Akin
- Aerospace grade engineering laws that can be applied to any shape of design.
- Introducing Eager Design by Marcello Duarte
- Unfortunately only available as slides, this was a highly influential talk that changed the way I look at large problems.
- Salt Fat Acid Heat by Samin Nosrat
- This book changed the way I think about flavor & cooking. (Book)
This section was inspired by Hans Pagel.